Friday 16 May 2008

A dress this day

This post is dedicated to Erin, whose blog always makes my day a dress at a time, even if she hasn't got a clue about me. Thank you Erin!

This is the story of the dress on the right. It was my mum's and was slowly dying inside an old suitcase for the last 25 years. So, I rescued it, washed it, pressed it and wore it with my bright red peep toes. The way it should be worn! Let me tell you, when I first set eyes on it, it was a crumbled and dirty mess. Didn't strike as it had much potential. But its virtues soon showed. First, I realized it was a shirtdress. And Ms Dress-A-Day isn't the only one with a soft spot for shirtdresses.
Second, it fit! Great advantage, if you ask me. Even then, I was a bit skeptical about the fabric. Navy blue with a white pattern. Something my granny wears usually. So boring! But then I took a better look. The pattern showed old-fashioned gendlemen riding those weird bikes with the huge front wheel! Wow! How now of my mum!

Here's the detail (click it for a better view):

Hurray for dresses!

No comments: